Halloween Costume ideas 2015

Primebrains

Latest Post

Governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, have said that it was not compulsory for President Muhammadu Buhari to preside over the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting.

Governor Nasir El- Rufai of Kaduna State made this known on Wednesday in Abuja, while addressing journalists on the outcome of the governors’ meeting with members of the APC National Working Committee, NWC.

He also said the constitution made provision for the Vice-President, Yemi
Osinbajo, to preside over such meeting in the president`s absence.

Mr. El- Rufai, who was reacting to speculations that President Buhari could not attend the FEC meeting for the third consecutive time because he was ill, said the governors were not bothered by such speculations.

“We are not worried yet and have no reason to be worried, but we however, urge Nigerians to continue to pray for the president to be in good health.’’.

He said it was normal for the president to have medical challenge, considering the fact that he was over 70 years old.

“Even me that is 57 years old, I still go for medical check-up,’’ El-Rufai said.

He, however, debunked insinuations that APC had internal crisis, stressing that the party was intact with a unified leadership structure, adding that contrary to speculations, its NWC was intact.

Mr. El-Rufai explained that the reason the party was presently constrained
financially was because it did not rely on public funds to operate like some parties in government.

According to him, the party is funded by private and cooperate donors who had been its sponsors before it came to
power.

He further said the party`s leadership was willing to return to such donors to raise funds to ensure that it was operated as expected.

The governor said that the meeting discussed best incentives to reward loyal party members, in line with its
constitution.

Mr. El-Rufai also said that the governors, at the meeting, pledged their loyalty to the party`s leadership and promised to meet with its NWC members monthly.

The move, Mr. El-Rufai said, became necessary to discuss ways of strengthening APC and move it forward.

He said a date would be picked for the party`s National Executive Council meeting at the governors next meeting with the NWC members.

Mr. El-Rufai also said that the governors had committed to assist the Federal Government in delivering true dividends of democracy to the people.

Earlier, John Odigie-Oyegun, the APC National Chairman, commended the governors for attending the meeting, in spite the short notice.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that 20 APC governed states were represented at the meeting, the second in the year.

(NAN)

Four youths, Tonzum Ngwalamba, Nentawe Leptak, Sati Tongleb and Ngompang Ngoshim, aged between 18 and 25, drowned in a well at Duk quarters in Pankshin town of Plateau State, yesterday.

An eyewitness, Gonjir Goper, told journalists that the four died while trying to push the nozzle of a water pumping machine into the well.

He said when the first victim fell in, “the second jumped into the well to rescue him, but did not come out. These rescue attempts continued till the well swallowed the four of them in a very short while.”

Goper described the incident as “shocking and mysterious.”

Sources indicated that one of the victims was a son to the owner of the well, one Mr Lamba. Mr. Sa’ad Ibrahim, the Divisional Police Officer of the area, who confirmed the incident, said that the corpses had been removed from the
well and deposited at the Pankshin General Hospital.

Chairman, Interim Management Committee of Pankshin Local Government, Mr. Stephen Jings, equally expressed shock at the incident.

Photo below used for illustrative purpose

A bar operator on Lekki Beach Road, Ademola Ogunbona, says he has lost his livelihood to the alleged debt of N757,750 incurred by one Mrs. Shaw, aka Mama G.

According to Punch,  the woman had gone to the bar around 6am on August 15, 2016, to have fun, which lasted till about 1am the following day.
  
It was said that Mama G instructed the barman to serve customers that came to the bar throughout her stay, and promised to pick up the bill for the drinks they consumed.

Punch gathered that one of the major beneficiaries of Mama G’s gesture was a man who came to the bar with his friends at about 6.30pm to celebrate his birthday.

She allegedly ordered many rounds of drinks for the man and his friends and told Ogunbona to add their bill to hers.


However, at about 1am, when she had reportedly become inebriated, some persons were said to have stormed the bar and took her away in a Honda car to Rotary Garden Estate, Ilasan, Ajah, where she lives with her husband.

In a chat with Punch, Ogunbona said he, two of his workers and the chief security officer of the shops in the area followed the car, but the security guards at the estate gate did not allow them in.
 
He said,

“Mama G came to my bar at about 6am on August 15, 2016, and ordered drinks. She told me to serve everybody that came to the bar and promised to pay. In the afternoon, I told her that her bill was over N200,000. She slapped my face and asked me whether she looked like a debtor. 
She said I should serve very expensive drinks to whoever came to the bar. She even called some beggars who were passing by into the bar to drink. Around 6.30pm, a man came into the bar to mark his birthday along with his friends, numbering about 16, including ladies. She told them not to pay. 
They took five bottles of Remy Martin, seven bottles of Absolute Vodka and three bottles of Sky. They also smoke cigarettes. They left around 10pm. At about 1am, four men and a woman came to pick the woman. I insisted that I would collect my money, but they took her away.
They dropped her off at the estate gate and left. She banged the gate repeatedly. Eventually, her housemaids came to pick her. I was not allowed to enter into the estate with her.”

The father of two children explained that he went to report the case at the Ajiwe Police Division and submitted the bill to the police. He said the police invited the woman, but her husband sent a message to them that she had gone to Ghana.

“He told the police that Mama G would come back in December 2016. The police sent another letter to the man in December. On January 11, he transferred N200,000 into my bank account.
I called him and asked for the remaining money, he said I should contact his wife’s lawyer. When I called the lawyer, he said I should manage the money like that. I reported back to the station and they invited his wife again. Neither the woman nor her husband showed up. Their cook and driver were arrested. The lawyer secured their bail on the same day. 
Since the case was transferred to the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, in February 2017, the Investigating Police Officer in charge of the case has been telling me to be patient; but I have children and a wife to cater to,” he added.

The husband, Mr. Shaw, terminated a call put across to him immediately Punch began to make an inquiry on the matter. Subsequent calls to his line rang out.

However, the lawyer, Mr. Onome Okodiya, who spoke on behalf of the family, said it was not true that Mama G promised to pay for the birthday celebration or was forcefully taken away from the bar.

He said the matter was being investigated by the state police command, adding that the N200,000 was paid to the bar manager “in good faith” pending the outcome of a reconciliatory move by the police.

Okodiya said, “We deny that Mrs. Shaw owed that kind of money. When the barman chose to use the police in Lekki to enforce the debt, we made a report to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police and the case is being investigated. We are going to wait for the outcome of the investigation. 
The payment (N200,000) was made in good faith while awaiting reconciliation. There is a scam which we are trying to unravel. One person is claiming over N700,000; another person is claiming over N800,000. What is the value of the stock they have? Everybody is under investigation in respect of this matter.”
 

The Joint Admission Matriculation Board [JAMB] has began dispatching the new exam center, date and time for the 2017 UTME Mock Test scheduled to now hold on April 29th, 2017.

Messages are now being sent via SMS and Mail.

Many students who received text from JAMB, Confirmed this information, although they were told to simply check their JAMB Profile or Mail to view or download their Mock Test Schedule.

You are hereby requested to reprint your Mock Exam Slip (e-Slip) to confirm your exam centre, date and time.

Steps to Print the New 2017 UTME Mock e-Slip

1: Visit he official JAMB e-Facility Portal at www.jamb.org.ng .

2: Login with your email address and password used to create your profile.

3: Click the red box that says "Print Mock Slip"

Please note that the Main Exam e-Slips have been put on hold, quite possibly until after registrations.

Like we suggested earlier, Main Exam e-Slips will be available as from 8th May.

Over the weekend, social media went buzzing with news of a reported beef between Davido and rapper Ice Prince Zamani at the Delta Alive concert organised by Quilox boss, Shina Peller.

While Davido and Ice Prince have declined to comment on the issue, LIB was able to get an exclusive chat with Shina Peller, the event organiser who narrated how it all went down.

According to him:

'‘Ok here’s what really happened, my arrangement for the concert was to have a tour bus, so there was no time when anyone had a saloon car.

It was a tour bus which everybody was in including myself, my artistes, Lil Kesh, CDQ and everyone just so we are all together to have fun but along the line i found out that Davido had some friends in Warri.’

‘Davido was in the same bus with us from the airport to the hotel, he used the same bus from the hotel to Quest FM where we went for an interview before the show.

It was at Quest FM his friends came to pick him with a white G- Wagon, I don’t even know the owner of the G-Wagon.

So he was in his friend’s G-Wagon from the radio station to the event venue so it wasn’t an issue at all’.’

He was also asked about the issue of performance hierarchy that we learnt got Ice Prince angry because he performed before Lil Kesh and he said, ‘now let me shock you, my artiste ‘Base One’ even performed after Lil kesh, so there was no superiority or hierarchy involved, I just wanted it to be a random event flow.

The event even had two of my waiters at
Quilox that sings I got them to perform at the show and we’ll still do 3 more of the event before the year runs out’.

He also commented on the issue of both artiste leaving delta State airport in different lounges because of the beef,

when we were coming back to Lagos, It was Ice Prince that got to be at the VIP lounge, myself, Davido, Lil Kesh and others where outside in a shed with just
a standing fan.

Really it’s all one family, everything is resolved now.

The only thing that got Davido upset is the fact that he felt Ice Prince was being disrespectful to me not even to him because even Davido didn’t complain about any of the logistics issue it was Ice Prince that complained a little that’s all’.

-

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript EnablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget